Thursday, April 27, 2006

Recovery

A new blog... what to say, what to say??

Yesterday marked the end of my last full set of finals, 5 in 7 days. Fun times, really... I feel much dumber than when I started that's for sure. Seriously, this week I've been such a ditz: locked my keys in my car and forgot to plug my parking meter. Two things that I NEVER do. Hopefully I can recover a few of those IQ points... I might need them eventually. I'm looking forward to finishing school this summer, I need to need to sit down one day soon and figure out what I actually need to do to get myself graduated and out into the real world.
Thanks to everyone who saw me through the last month, I think it stressed me out more than I thought it would. From moving only 4 weeks ago, right into papers and finals while trying to maintain some kind of normal life... I may or may not have succeeded, but I have been one sleepy girl. I'm happy though, very thankful for my new living situation (my mom even remarked to me the other day that I seem much happier in my new place). Chrys I promise you a much less freaked out Jess in the future than you've seen in the last week or so. And happy to get a little break from school.
Despite the busy-ness and stress, there have been some good times lately. Easter was really nice, just a chance to chill with my family and eat good food. Oh! and I can't forget to mention that I had the opportunity to meet some of Mark's friend on his birthday last weekend. I was a little nervous going in, but ended up having a really good time. Cool people for sure. A lot of stories, very funny stories, and some could-be-scandalous love poetry from Trevor to Chelsea. I think Dale even gave me a homework assignment, I guess I have some research to do. :)
Anyway, gotta go make some lunch for Jason and I. My brother has actually been pretty nice to me at work lately. The other day he helped break into my car and gave me a gingerale and today he brought me lunch - providing I cook it... oh well.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hey Jess, Congrats on finishing your semester and hopefully with flying colors. As for finishing school and getting out into this so called "real world" I wouldn't stress over that. I hear the "real world" isn't all its cracked up to be. After all, how many people do you know have worked the same career from their mid-twenties untill retirement?

6:07 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Congrats to you Jess. I think you handled yourself well. Good job on plowing through everything. (Cough)Dont' forget to burn yourself :)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys, you rock!

Umm, Mark. Totally DIDN'T burn myself today, so there! Maybe I'm fixed... maybe I'm all better and my accident-prone days are all over... maybe I've seen my last bruise, scrape, scar or burn... maybe people will stop and stare and say, "wow, look at that girl, she's just so coordinated and graceful, I'll bet she NEVER falls down"...

maybe one day..

*sigh*

8:50 PM  
Blogger C. Blenkin said...

HHAHAHA, oh Jess I hope that day comes for you..maybe when I come home I will see you and go wow Jess you so cordinated and graceful, you have your own essences...that would be so nice...you have four months..I believe you can do it
annnd GO.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

i don't believe she can do it. she's funny the way she is and should stay that way - with limits. Like don't seriously hurt yourself, Jess. Just be you. It makes for some great stories.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Increasing... said...

shoot
i hope that giving you "homework" will not hamper your progress in staying upright while walking.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home