Friday, June 30, 2006

This could be funny... except it isn't

So... mono/school fiasco update time folks.

I'm feeling pretty good these days, I can't play quite as hard as the other kids yet and I tucker out pretty fast, but we're definitely on the up and up health wise. Ella the spleen used to hurt quite a bit, but she's settled down for the most part now.

-BUT-

It seems like I'll never graduate.
I made arrangements with my profs. to write my final exams at later times. Those being this last week. I was supposed to meet with the Physics secretary on Wednesday to write my astro. final; I was a little early, she wasn't there yet, so I sat down to review. 10 minutes laer, I was still reviewing. 20 minutes later I was still reviewing. 30 minutes later she still hadn't arrived, so I emailed her. I gave her another 20 minutes to either show up or respond to the email and she didn't so I just went home. I heard from her later and she had forgotten all about me. So we rescheduled for next week. It was frustrating because I was prepared to write this exam and I would really like to finish up these classes, but these things happen right??
Apparently these things happen all the time, because today I went in to meet a grad. student who was supposed to supervise my biochem. final, after we got all settled in. I looked at the questions and thought to myself.. wow, these look familiar. But I knew the final was cumulative so I thought maybe my prof. had used some questions from our quizes or the midterm when creating the test. I flipped through a couple more pages and realized that all the questions looked familiar. She had left me the midterm to write, not the final. The grad. student tried to break into her office to find the real test, but without any luck. I felt kinda bad for the guy, we just kind of stared at each other and neither of us knew what to do. So I left and went home, again. I guess I have to reschedule one more time. Once more, I was all studied up and prepared to write this stupid test.. and couldn't.
Grrr
In 52 days I will be done school for good.
I will never have to deal with the Carla's, the forgetful secretaries or the unorganized profs. or clueless grad. students ever again.
Unless of course in 52 days I'm still waiting to write these finals.

7 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

sucky deal, jess.
on another note: can you return those DVD's? I'm a little worried since one of them isn't mine...

anyways, glad to hear your feeling better!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey - I put a post about camping on my blog - chek it out

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Hey, easy on the grad students. He was probably volentold to sit through your exam. Good luck on finishing up tough.

12:54 PM  
Blogger abbott said...

are you and chryslyn moving again? Where to this time? Glad to hear there is someplace for me to rest my head :-)

CAN'T WAIT FOR STAMPEDE!!!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

wouldn't it be nice if these profs could get some kind of an evaluation

6:04 PM  
Blogger abbott said...

okay, i see my confusion now. For some reason, I though shareen's comment on my blog belonged to you, which makes so much more sense now. You didn't get approved for a new place, she and craig did. Wow. How did I mess that up?

Please pass my confusion onto chryslyn....

11:37 AM  
Blogger C. Blenkin said...

new post on my site check it out!!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home