Monday, May 15, 2006

I had pizza for breakfast

The palm of my right hand is on fire, I just pulled about 9 slivers out of it. There are still quite a few left; I lost count around 52... so gross.

I've been busy lately. Working as always, summer classes started last week, taking astronomy and a biochem. nutrition class, so far it is going well. Went to the Galt museum opening and the Lethbridge centennial fireworks where I saw the most adorable older gentleman ever, is it ok to ask a random stranger to be your grandpa?? I spent an evening in Calgary with Brit at the track. I'd forgotten how much the whole "horse culture" used to be a part of my life when I lived with her. It was much better than the work we used to do though, prettier work... a lot less shoveling. The bad boy we groomed got second place, so that was cool. It was good to see Brit's new home, or van... Strangest thing I saw there was in the testing barn, there is definitely something weird and voyeuristic about people lined up peering through tiny holes into a stall watching their horses urinate...
On my way up to Calgary I stopped in Vulcan to visit one of my main dealers (from work, not drugs), it was awkward... which I of course loved. I talk to this guy probably 3 or 4 times a day and he's perfectly capable on the phone, but kind of fell apart in person. It was great. I guess that's what you get when you build a relationship that revolves around the rules of phone etiquette... you ruin it all with eye contact.
Mother's Day weekend was good; Saturday was the Day of Beautiful Things. I've decided that I need more theme days in my life. It started off with coffee with Chryslyn on our cement pad, then a walk and french toast that we ate again on our cement pad. It really was beautiful. I definitely beat up Mark, though he won't admit it... secretly he's impressed, ate good food, sat by a pond in the sun, and met a hundred people who's names I'll never remember.
It's definitely a Monday out here at work, the boss is angry and the farmers are frustrated, but the sun is shinning and that's enough for me.

Thanks to my good friend Nicole for the picture of Mark being dished out massive portions of pain.

12 Comments:

Blogger abbott said...

although I can attest to the fact that you did successfully keep mark from the grey elephant, it unfortunately does not look like you are winning in this picture.......

6:19 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Hahaha!! Thanks Nic!! I now have a witness!!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Wow, at'a girl. I think a regular beating will keep Mark in his place. Looks like we know who wears the pants around there.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Increasing... said...

hmmmm
interesting therapy for being apart for a few days. TIP TO MARK: probably not a good idea to leave for like a month you might die...

9:46 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Well if you saw the bruises on Jess, clearly you would know who won the first round of Rumble In The Bridge. She did put up good fight in that picture, but the match at tin tin groceries park....that's another story.

I'll see you at the park Jess.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Increasing... said...

are you guys selling tickets?

2:26 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Rumble in the Bridge, eh?
Interesting...

And although Jess is constantly starting fights and claiming she won them, we all know she never really wins. :)
Sorry, jess. But you know I'm right.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Erin, I so don't know what you're talking about

11:27 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Jess, Erin and I know exactly what she's talking about. Tickets Dale, come on...you already know who's gonna win.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Re: the ticket thing. True, you already know who's going to win but think of the money you could make!

I don't know, Dale may have a point there....

11:40 AM  
Blogger Increasing... said...

yeah and it sounds like these two could use the money to pay for the phone bills...

2:19 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Kinda scared...I haven't even got my first phone bill yet.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home