Friday, December 01, 2006

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

So the last week or so has been a whirlwind of wind, work and wrapping hundreds of tiny boxes or pieces of lumber, tying ribbons, and making 600 baggies of nuts & bolts all because my mother is a work-horse who always manages to recruit me into helping with whatever her crazy antics happen to be at any point in time. The antics this time involved the Christmas ladies dessert night thing for e-free. It was last night, and after it was all said and done I really enjoyed the evening. Carol Kent spoke, you might have heard about her. She wrote When I Lay My Isaac Down, about how her picture perfect, honour society president, naval academy graduate, special dive unit naval officer son murdered his wife's ex-husband and will spend the rest of his life in jail. Not being a mother myself, I think I have a hard time understanding some of the points she makes when she speaks or in her book, but I did feel challenged to become more involved in the lives of those around me when they are in need. So many times when someone I know is struck by tragedy or is going through some kind of rough time, it's so easy for me to withdraw because I'm not comfortable with their pain, or I'm afraid I will do something to offend them and make their hurt worse. Carol was inspiring though with all her stories of loved ones who surrounded her family during the worst of their struggle.
Anyway, with all that over with now I'm looking forward to a weekend filled with sleep, A Christmas Carol, zoo lights, finishing my Christmas decorating, sleep and hopefully a little more sleep. Whoa!! it's Dec. 1st!! 24 days until CHRISTMAS people!!
Are you a real or a fake tree person???

2 Comments:

Blogger Lung Lover said...

Fake tree... this year. Let me telll you it was an argument and a half. But I just can't justify cutting down a tree for a few weeks, and then throwing it away. They belong outside!!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Has to be real...I love the smell. And the adventure of chopping one down. But I do feel a little sad taking a tree away from outside.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home